On the night of June 25 and in the morning, Ukraine was subjected to massive missile strikes. Russia struck the Zhytomyr, Chernihiv, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Khmelnytskyi, and Kyiv regions.
According to Ukrainian intelligence, this is the first case of an air strike on Ukraine directly from the territory of Belarus, and it is directly linked to the Kremlin's attempts to draw Belarus into the war in Ukraine.
"Recall that yesterday it became known that Russian sabotage groups had arrived on the territory of the Belarusian town of Mozyr, planning to blow up houses, a school and a hospital in the town. Possible provocations may be presented as Ukraine's response to the air strikes," the SMM explained.
Thus, Russian troops fired about 30 missiles on the territory this morning.
"Today, as on the first day of the full-scale invasion, starting at 04:15 am the enemy again launched missile strikes on Zhytomyr region! This time about 30 rockets were fired on the territory of the region," wrote the head of the Zhytomyr RSA Vitaly Bunechko.
According to him, as a result of the missile strikes, which were exclusively on military facilities, one Ukrainian serviceman was killed.
"Now there is information about minor destruction of military infrastructure. One military man was killed, one was wounded," said Bunechko.
We will add, during the telethon the head of the OVA informed that 10 missiles over the Zhytomyr region managed to shoot down.
At the same time, as previously reported the mayor of Zhytomyr Sergey Sukhomlin, the enemy struck 24 missiles in the vicinity of the city.
"This morning we all woke up to loud explosions. Nothing came from Zhytomyr, military facilities around the city were shelled, rockets were launched from the territory of Belarus. A total of 24 rockets were launched at military units and facilities around Zhytomyr," said Mayor Sukhomlin.
The village of Desna in the Chernigov region was also hit by massive rocket attacks.
According to OK North, about 20 rockets were fired at the settlement. There is destruction.
"Around 05:00 a.m., Chernigov region was subjected to a massive rocket attack. From the territory of the Republic of Belarus, 20 rockets were fired from aircraft and from the ground on the village of Desna. Infrastructure is known to have been destroyed," the report says.
Preliminarily, there were no casualties, but this information is being verified.
Subsequently, the head of the Chernihiv RSA Vyacheslav Chaus recorded a video message, where he also confirmed the massive attacks and asked not to publish data about the "arrivals" on the net.
In the morning, the Lviv region was also subjected to missile attacks. According to OVA head Maxim Kozitsky, Russia fired six missiles from the Black Sea, two of which managed to shoot down.
"Around 04:00 am rocket strikes were launched from the Black Sea on the territory of the Lviv region. Six missiles - four hits, two missiles were shot down," said Kozitsky.
According to him, the hit was in a military facility on the territory of the Yavoriv district.
"As a result of the missile strike, there were four casualties. One moderate severity, three light. They are hospitalized. The fire was localized," Kozitsky added.
The missile attack did not bypass the Nikolaev region either. Natalia Gumenyuk, head of the press center of the UC South Guard and Defense Forces, reported the first details on the telethon, saying that the enemy struck with Onyx type missiles, probably from occupied Crimea.
"The south, along with all of Ukraine, was under pressure from air raids. There was also a massive missile strike on Nikolaev in the morning. Now the scale of destruction and the presence of victims is being clarified, but we already know that the port infrastructure, residential areas and recreational areas of peaceful citizens were attacked," she said.
Russia also fired rockets into the Khmelnitsky region in the morning. However, air defense forces shot down the enemy targets.
"Today, during the air alert our air defense forces shot down 2 missiles. Falling debris occurred in the forest in Kamyanets-Podilsky area. There are no injured," said the head of the region Sergey Gamaliy.
He also added that the debris from another rocket fell in a rural garden in one of the territories of Khmelnytsky district.
There were no dead or injured, but the windows and doors of several houses were damaged.
Head of the Office of the President Andrei Yermak reacted to the massive missile strikes on Ukraine and called on allies to increase arms supplies to our country against this background.
"Dozens of missiles were fired by the Russians on our territory this morning. They continue to use the territory of Belarus, they have many missiles, including old, technologically backward ones. Our task is to build up the AFU's capacity in response. And we're in constant communication with our allies in arms. We need speed and quantity. We have successes in arms deliveries, but we don't stop," Yermak wrote.