On May 9, cyber attacks in Ukraine are expected to intensify. Not only state institutions and critical infrastructure, but also ordinary Ukrainians are at risk.
This is reported in the Telegram of the State Security Service of Ukraine.
It is reported that users can become targets of Russian cyber attacks. Usually during the holidays ordinary cybercriminals become active, the purpose of which is to steal money, gain access to accounts and blackmail people.
To protect yourself from cyberattacks you should:
- Change passwords in all important services (mail, messengers);
- delete compromised passwords in your browser;
- use a password generator;
- to get a separate e-mail for newsletters and messages. Do not use it for registering accounts;
- Remove any cracked programs;
- set two-factor authentication in messengers, mail, and other services;
- Do not open messages from strangers and do not click on links;
- If possible, use secure flash drives with a qualified electronic signature or password-free authentication;
- install antivirus.